Thank you for your interest in a career with Sweet Pea & Poppy. We currently have a chocolatier position available.
If you value quality and you’d like to work as part of a passionate, capable and supportive team, we’d love to hear from you.
For further information or to express your interest, please contact Yasmin at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0417065209.
Chocolatier / Pastry Chef
Part Time hours are available
Located at our production and retail facility in Murrumbateman, NSW.
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic chocolatier to join our lovely team. This role involves work across our two chocolate brands of Sweet Pea & Poppy and Murrumbateman Chocolate Co respectively.
We seek a motivated team member with production responsibilities across our range of chocolate products including bars, panned/dragee, individual pralines and truffles as well as seasonal chocolate items.
We value quality in all that we do. We work with responsibly sourced chocolate and local inclusions. We work in small batches and apply a genuine handmade approach to all that we do. You will have the opportunity to work with high quality equipment in a small, supportive team environment.
Located in the heart of the Canberra district cool climate wine region, our chocolates are produced to meet the needs of our wholesale and retail customer and visitor base.
- Preparation of full chocolate range
- Working in accordance with work health and safety and food safety policies
- Operation of chocolate equipment and machinery
- Completion of cleaning duties as part of a team
- Food and equipment handling duties required in a food safe environment
We are looking for the following skills and attributes:
- Strong interest in working with chocolate and a good understanding of chocolate.
- Genuine appreciation for artisan produced products and a commitment to uphold high quality standards.
- Experience and capability working in a chocolate, pastry or other professional kitchen.
- A well organised, motivated, committed approach to work.
- Ability and willingness to work at both a self-directed pace and as part of a team.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Experience in adhering to food safety standards in a professional environment.
We are offering this position on a full time basis working Monday - Friday. We are a supportive, family friendly business and we are happy to offer a part time position to the right candidate if preferred.
Training and development opportunities are also offered as an ongoing part of this role.